bbloggers, beauty, Bronzer, Colour Pop Cosmetics, Colour Pop Takes It Off, Dancing With The Stars, Lippie Stix, love and labels, makeup, Miami Beach, Rumer Has It, Rumer Willis, Santa Monica, South Beach, Toxic
If you haven’t seen or been part of the media blitz surrounding Colour Pop Cosmetics, I urge you to immediately check out their website after reading this!
Back in March, I was sent a box of 5 of their shadows and one of their signature “lippie stix.” The colors were mostly very dark grays, blues and things that I wouldn’t normally wear (certainly not to the office) and the lipstick I was sent was a bright fuschia- very Barbie pink and another color I wouldn’t wear on a daily basis. However, the smooth, creamy consistency of the lipstick caught my attention and I started perusing their website. I placed my first order in April, then a second then a third. After testing out the products for a while I wanted to share some thoughts. *Photos courtesy of Colour Pop*
- The Price. Most items are $5, $6 or $8
- Pigmentation of the eye shadows and lippie stix are amazing
- Most lippie sticks have a 100% matching lipliner, which I love
- Their social media interaction with customers is great & they are pretty active on both Twitter & IG
- Join their mailing list and receive a $5.00 coupon towards your first order
- The company takes 3-5 days to process your order then another 3-5 days to ship. So be patient and wait around 10 days to receive your order.
- A few people have been complaining about the smell of the lippie stix, but it does not bother me whatsoever.
- I found that even with a lip liner underneath, the lippie stix are not very long lasting. I found myself reapplying several times throughout the day.
- I am not totally crazy about the screw off tops for the blush, eye shadows and bronzers, I prefer a compact style (at least for the cheek products). I feel it gives you a cleaner look and you don’t see when the product starts to wear down.
I also ordered two pieces from their “Rumer Has It” collection, created in correlation with Rumer Willis and some of the looks she wore on “Dancing With The Stars.” I bought her “Pinch” and “Addict” Lippie Stix & her “Intoxicate” eyeshadow, both of which I absolutely love. As you can see from the photos below of what I purchased, I tend to go for the nude and nude/pink colors and I love all the ones I have purchased thus far. My next purchase is going to be a couple of their blushes and bronzers….can’t wait to try them as well!
I definitely recommend this brand because the products are great to mix with whatever you already are using and the range of colors is truly a rainbow of options! Enjoy the rest of your week! ~xo, love~